Poland offers everything from castles and palaces to great outdoor beauty. Festivals such as Easter and Christmas are celebrated with much creative gusto and spirit. Poland also has water and winter sports along with breathtaking hiking trails. It offers an unusual, enchanting and deeply moving experience with many museums and styles of architecture paving the way. Poland is a particularly safe place to visit and is a member of the Schengen Countries. Today we will be talking about the Poland tourist visa for Indians.
What type of Visas does Poland Offer for Indians ?
Poland offers the Schengen C-type Visa for Tourist Visit and for Business Visit. It also offers the long term National D-type Visa for studies and employment. We will be focusing on the Poland Tourist visa for Indians in this article.
Poland Tourist Visa for Indians
The Poland tourist visa can be obtained by applying for the Schengen visa for a tourist visit.
The Schengen Visa C type is for those who want to stay in Poland or other Schengen countries for up to 90 days in each 180 day period. The legal stay period in the Schengen zone cannot exceed 90 days over the previous 180 days.
The Schengen visa fee is waived for applicants belonging to one of the following categories:
- children under six years
- school pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training
- researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research as defined in Recommendation No 2005/761/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 September 2005 to facilitate the issue by the Member States of uniform short-stay visas for researchers from third countries travelling within the Community for the purpose of carrying out scientific research;
- representatives of non-profit organisations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organizations;
- family members of the citizens of the European Union (as well as Switzerland and EFTA countries).
Poland Tourist Visa Fees for Indians
- Short-term Visa Fee (C) is 80 €
- Short-term visa (C) children 6-12 years is 40 €
Process for Applying for a Poland Tourist Visa
- Fill out the visa application
- The applicant needs to book an appointment to have their fingerprints and photo taken at a Visa Application Centre. This is known as “biometric information”.
- Pay your fees
- Visit the application Center
- Track your application
- Collect your passport
Poland Tourist Visa Requirements
The application materials should be arranged in the following order:
1. Passport: Should have been issued within the last 10 years. Must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the date on which the applicant intends to leave the Schengen territory. Must have at least two consecutive pages.
2. Visa Application: Visa application form without blanks, signed by the applicant. The applicant must be at least 18 years old to lodge and sign a visa application personally. The signature as the one in the passport. 2 color photos – specifications: passport type, white background 35mm x 45mm, no more than 6-month-old.
4. Applicant’s Cover Letter
5. If the applicant is travelling to several Schengen States, proof of intra-Schengen flight reservation, train itinerary or car rental.
6. The original and a copy of the certificate of travel medical insurance issued by a company from the list of approved Indian insurance companies of the consular posts of Schengen states (handwritten certificates will not be accepted; the name of the insured should be written in Latin alphabet.) The travel medical insurance must be valid in the Schengen area and for the entire duration of stay. The insurance’s minimum coverage should be 30,000 Euros and it must cover costs of any emergency medical treatment and repatriation for medical reasons as well as in case of death and repatriation of the deceased.
7. The original document confirming the availability in Poland / each of the visited Schengen States, of appropriate accommodation for the intended period of stay.
8. Bank statements from the last 3 months; no deposits. Original private bank statement showing movements in the last three months, duly stamped and signed by the bank.
Indian income tax return acknowledgment for the last two assessment years.
Minors: above documents confirming solvency of parent(s)/legal guardian(s) – the exact same spelling of parent(s)/legal guardian(s) names in their documents confirming the solvency, IDs and documents confirming the family ties, is required. If parents’ names are not correctly or fully indicated in the applicant’s passport, another official document (in Polish or English) confirming the family ties (e.g. birth certificate)legalized/attested/apostilled by the MEA/MFA is necessary. Please note that affidavits will not be considered official documents in this regard.
11. Document confirming family ties (e.g. passport, birth certificate) – the exact same spelling of parent(s)/legal guardian(s) names in the certificate of permission to travel, their IDs and documents confirming the family ties, is required. If parents’ names are not correctly or fully indicated in the applicant’s passport, another official document (in Polish or English) confirming the family ties (e.g. birth certificate) legalized/attested/apostilled by the MEA/MFA is necessary. Please note that affidavits will not be considered official documents in this regard.
VFS Global – Apply Online
In several countries, Poland has entrusted private visa application offices with granting visas to the citizens of those countries.
The Poland visa from India can be accessed through VFS global. VFS Global, a visa application processing firm based in India, processes Polish visa applications on behalf of the Polish government. The VFS Global website allows you to apply online. Here the applicant can find the Poland visa application form online. The VFS Global centers are located in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi.
VFS has a service charge of INR 927 per application. It is mandatory to make the payment online at the time of booking an appointment.
Application Processing Time
We hope that this article has been helpful and informative about the Poland Tourist Visa for Indians.
To ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details.
No, the Poland tourist visa is a type of the Schengen visa.
What are the fees for the Poland Tourist Visa ?
The Short-term Visa Fee (C) is 80 €. The Short-term visa (C) for children 6-12 years is 40 €.