What is a GWF Number?
GWF (Global Web Form) number is a unique serial number or reference number that is issued when you first apply for a UK visa. You can view it on emails and letters from the Home Office or UK Embassy about your UK visa application. You get the GWF number as soon as you make the payment and submit the visa application online.
Also Read: UK Visa Interview Questions and Answers for Indian Applicants
Basically, you need to start with an online application. Fill out the first couple of pages of the online application and then click on save. You will receive a GWF number. Keep a note of the GWF number, email ID and passport as you will need them to login to the site against to complete the application form.
How to track the visa status with a GWF number
You need to share your GWF number to check the status of your visa application with the UK visa service centre via SMS or email. The UK visa and Immigration department won’t be able to give you an update on your visa status without a GWF given at the time of submission.
Also Read: How To Track Your UK Visa Status Online?
How can I know whether my visa application has been approved?
You will get a letter or an email carrying the result of your visa application.
If your Application is Successful:
You will receive either:
- A sticker (called a vignette) that will be on your passport – if you shared your biometric information at a visa application centre.
- Access to see your immigration status details online if you proved your identity using the smartphone app.
The vignette or online immigration status information will let you see:
- Type of visa you have been granted (for example, UK travel visa)
- Validity dates of your visa (start date and end date)
- The conditions of your visa
If your Visa Application is Refused
- You will get a letter or an email explaining the reasons for visa rejections:
- Your passport will be returned if it was submitted as a part of your visa application.
- The refusal letter will explain if you have the right to an administrative review or immigration decision appeal.
Also Read: UK Visa Fees for Indians 2020-21: An Overview
For UK visa related queries, you can contact VFS. For any NRI banking services like NRI account opening, NRI investment, Demat account opening, taxation, etc., you can contact SBNRI. Download SBNRI App to connect with our experts to know about NRI taxation and investment in India. Also visit our blog and YouTube Channel for more details.
When checking your UK visa status via email or telephone, you need to share your GWF number. Without this number the visa and immigration department can’t give you any update regarding your visa application status.
You can send the SMS to 7333 in the format of VISA<space>UK<space>Passport number.
The UK immigration department takes at least 2 days to respond.