Almost everyone loves traveling. Everyone usually starts planning and preparing for their travels in advance. Travel insurance is not only necessary in order to ensure health care while traveling. It is also required by many foreign countries in order to get a visa to travel there. It has major benefits as well. Health care without insurance can be extremely expensive and this is a way to plan in advance for anything that may go wrong. This article is about the best travel insurance for Indians.
Travel Insurance Benefits
- Travel insurance makes it easier to relax and remove additional worries from your mind. It takes away the worry of wondering about what would happen if something were to go wrong healthwise.
- Travel insurance covers ages ranging from infant to retiree. It also covers diseases, emergency health care, and hospitalizations.
- Travel insurance provides hospitalization without cash.
- Travel insurance even allows you to insure your baggage and passport.
- Those under 85 don’t need a medical check-up and can sign up for travel insurance and get it right away.
- You can contact your insurer at any point if you have an emergency or need to file a claim.
- If your trip ends before it was supposed to, your insurance company will reimburse you for the remaining days.
Eligibility for Travel Insurance
- You must be an Indian citizen
- There are no age restrictions when purchasing travel insurance
- Rates and other features may vary along with the length of trip
Well Known Travel Insurance Companies
- Aditya Birla Travel insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti Axa travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Travel insurance
- Digit Travel Insurance
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- HDFC Ergo
- ICICI Lombard
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Religare travel insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- SBI Travel Insurance
- Shriram Travel Insurance
- Star Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- United India Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
International Travel Insurance Policy Features
- Medical Expenditure
- Medical Evacuation
- Medical Repatriation
- Emergency dental pain assistance
- Loss of checked baggage
- Delay of baggage
- Personal Accident (Permanent/ Temporary Incapacitation or Demise)
- Loss of passport and/ or other important documents
- Personal Accountability
- Trip Delay
- Emergency Cash Advance
Not Covered by International Travel Insurance Policies
- Pre-existing medical conditions and their complications.
- Traveling when your doctor advises you otherwise
- Medical expenses post-policy expiration
- Travel for medical purposes
- Attempted suicide
- Deliberate self-inflicted injury or illness
- Mental disorders (such as depression, stress, anxiety, nervousness etc)
- Anxiety, stress, depression, and nervousness that are not related to a physical illness
- Venereal disease, inebriation, or drug abuse.
- Employment that puts you at risk, exposing yourself to unnecessary danger (except when trying to save someone), or being involved in an illegal act.
- Complications related to pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion, or childbirth.
- Spectacle, contact lenses, hearing aid, and crutch expenses. Other similar appliances and devices can be included in this.
- Baggage delay upon return.
- Passport confiscation or detainment by customs, the police, or related authority figures.
- Any loss not reported to the police within 24 hours.
To ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details.
Yes, this is the case.
Yes, this is possible.
No, they are not covered
No, it is not covered.