Steeped in both tradition and modernity, Japan offers a unique experience for visitors. The Island country in East Asia offers mountains, cherry blossoms, hot springs, tea ceremonies and bustling metropolises. Today we are going to explain how to get a Japan tourist visa for Indians. It is called the temporary visitor visa for sightseeing without a guarantor. We will be explaining the Japan visa requirements for Indian citizens as well. This temporary visitor visa allows people to visit Japan for holiday and recreation for up to 90 days.
Japan Tourist Visa for Indians
Documents Required for a Temporary Visitor Visa for Sightseeing without a Guarantor
Important-Please note all photocopies should be on A4 size only
- A valid Passport (with more than two blank pages). Please submit your old passports also, if any.
- Photocopy of the Bio Data Page of the Current Passport (First and Last Page)
- A completely filled and signed Visa Application Form.
- Covering letter stating the purpose of visit and day to day details
- One photograph taken within the last 6 months. (The photograph should be of size 2 x 2 inches, color with white background and printed on good quality paper)
- Hotel bookings and schedule itinerary day wise
- Reservation certificate
- Latest Income Tax Return
- If the applicant is a Student / Dependent: a. Consent from the parents / spouse is required b. Latest Income Tax Return for parents / spouse (in case income tax not available then submit bank statement of last 6 months)
- Proof of Relationship, in case the applicant is accompanied by any dependent. (Passport copy, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate )
The above list is a guide for the documents the applicant should provide with their visa application. The Japan Embassy may request the applicant for:
- an interview / additional documentation depending on your personal circumstances.
Japan Visa Price for Indians
Single Entry: Rs.550
Multiple Entry: Rs.500
- The visa fee is refunded if and only if the visa is not approved by the embassy.
- A service charge of INR 650 (inclusive of all taxes) is charged per application in addition to the visa fees.
- Applicants exempt from paying the visa fees will still be charged the service charge
- The courier service has been made mandatory to reduce crowds at the visa application centres and limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus amongst customers and employees. It is expected to be in place until the risk perception of COVID-19 is significantly reduced. The courier return service charges are INR 500 (inclusive of taxes) per application.
- All charges (Visa Fee, Service charges and other optional charges) are to be paid in cash only in INR in New Delhi.
The applicant must submit one photograph along with their visa application. The photograph must be:
- Not more than 6 months old
- 2 X 2 inch
- Colored, with plain white background
- Taken looking straight forward and face seen clearly
- On a good quality paper
The timeline given by the embassy of Japan in New Delhi for the processing of each application is a minimum of 4 working days from the day it is submitted at the embassy of Japan. (This excludes the day of submission) Processing time may increase or decrease at the discretion of the Embassy of Japan, New Delhi.
The Embassy of Japan in India asks visa seekers to apply at the VFS Global website. The above process and guidelines are for VFS Global.
We hope that this article has been informative and helpful about the Japan tourist visa for Indians.
To ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details
It is valid for up to 90 days.
The fees are Rs. 550 for single entry and Rs.500 for multiple entry.
4 days from the time the application is submitted to the embassy of Japan. (This excludes the day of submission)
Yes, the temporary visit visa allows for holiday and recreation in Japan.