Beaches, tropical forests, wildlife, excellent cuisine and elaborate temples are just a few aspects that draw such a large number of tourists to Indonesia. It is the largest archipelago and it is seated in both the Indian and Pacific Ocean. Indonesia has a rich historical past that has been kept alive to meet with modernity today. All of this adds up to make it an irresistible destination for travel that broadens horizons. Today we are going to be talking about the Indonesia visa on arrival for Indians. We will also be explaining the Indonesian visa requirements for Indian citizens.
Does an Indian Need a Visa for Indonesia?
If they are planning to go to Indonesia for 30 days, they can obtain a visa on arrival in Indonesia. This visa can be extended for another 30 days. It is, however, a good idea to apply for a different type of visa, if they intend to stay longer. Once in Indonesia, the visa on arrival cannot be converted into any other type of visa.
Indonesia Visa on Arrival for Indians
We will be covering the requirements, fees and procedures for the Indonesia visa on arrival for Indians below.
Requirements for Indonesia Visa for Indians
- Indian passport having at least 6 months validity upon arrival in the country.
- Two blank pages in the passport.
- A confirmed return ticket or a confirmed one-way ticket as well as a ticket issued for travelling to other countries after visiting Indonesia.
Indonesia Visa Fee for Indians
The fee for an Indonesian visa for Indians is 35 US Dollars.
Indonesia Visa on Arrival Procedure for Indians
- Indians travelling to Indonesia are provided with a Passenger Arrival Card in the flight. If they don’t receive it, they can get it from the arrival area at the airport.
- The traveler must fill out the card completely before passing through customs passport control.
- After passing through customs passport control, the traveler must collect their baggage and proceed through customs and undergo biosecurity checks.
- After this, the traveller can proceed to the counter and pay the fee of 35 US dollars.
- Once the payment is complete, the authorities will provide an entry stamp in the passport.
- After this, the traveller needs to go to another counter and collect the counterfoil visa.
- The last step is to clear the immigration checkpoint and officially enter Indonesia.
Indonesia Visa on Arrival Immigration Checkpoints:
- Soekarno-Hatta, Jakarta
- Entikong, West Kalimantan
- Supadio, Pontianak, West Kalimantan
- Sibolga, North Sumatera
- El Tari, Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara
- Pare-Pare, South Sulawesi
- Adi Sucipto, Yogyakarta
- Teluk Bayur, Padang, West Sumatera
- Ngurah Rai, Denpasar, Bali
- Padang Bai, Karangasem, Bali
- Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II, Palembang, South Sumatera
- Bandar Bintan Telani Lagoi dan Bandar Sri Unada Lobam, Tanjung Uban, Bintan Island, Riau Islands
- Polonia, Medan, North Sumatera
- Tanjung Balai Karimun, at Riau Islands
- Ahmad Yani, Semarang, Central Java
- Sekupang; Citra Tritunas (Harbour Bay); Nongsa; Marina Teluk Senimba, dan Batam Centre, Batam, Riau Islands
- Minangkabau, Padang, West Sumatera
- Bitung, North Sulawesi
- Tenau, Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara
- Sultan Iskandar Muda, Banda Aceh, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam
- Benoa, Badung, Bali
- Hasanuddin, Makassar, South Sulawesi
- Belawan, North Sumatera
- Husein Sastranegara, Bandung, West Java
- Soekarno-Hatta, Makassar, South Sulawesi
- Sultan Syarif Kasim II, Pekanbaru, Riau
- Tanjung Mas, Semarang, Central Java
- Halim Perdana Kusuma, Jakarta
- Sri Bintan Pura, Tanjung Pinang, Riau Islands
- Hang Nadim, Batam, Riau Islands
- Jayapura, Papua
- Sam Ratulangi, Manado, North Sulawesi
- Selaparang, Mataram, West Nusa Tenggara
- Tanjung Priok, Jakarta
- Juanda, Surabaya, East Java
- Yos Sudarso, Dumai, Riau
- Sepinggan, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan
- Maumere, East Nusa Tenggara
- Adi Sumarmo, Surakarta, Central Java
The address, official website and contact numbers of the Embassy and the Foreigners Regional Registration Office in New Delhi are listed below:
- Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia, Delhi 50-A, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021, www.kemlu.go.id/newdelhi, 011-26118642/43/44/45/46
- Foreigners Regional Registration Office, Delhi, East Block VIII Level II Sector -1 R.K Puram, New Delhi 110066, www.immigrationindia.nic.in, 011-26711443/26171944/26171944/142/302/141
We hope that this article has been helpful and informative about the Indonesia visa on arrival for Indians.
To ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details.
The fees for the Indonesian visa for Indians is 35 US Dollars.
The duration of the Indonesia visa on arrival is 30 days. It can be extended up to 30 days more.
There are 39 immigration checkpoints through which travelers with an Indonesia visa on arrival can enter the country.