The OCI card provides overseas citizens of India with multiple entry and a life-long visa to India. OCI card holders also enjoy many rights and privileges in India, in terms of education, employment, etc. In order to apply for an OCI card, an applicant needs to submit required documents and pay the OCI card application fees. You can pay the fee in cash, money order, demand draft, cheques, etc.
The Government of India may introduce new rules for OCI cards and change the fee time to time.
OCI Card Application Fees
Each applicant needs to pay USD 275 or equivalent in local currency. Listed below is the fee structure for OCI card:
|OCI card service||Consular fee||ICWF Fee||Total|
|New OCI card registration||$275||$3.00||$278.00|
|New OCI for PIO card holder||$275||$3.00||$278.00|
|New OCI card in lieu of lost PIO card/valid PIO card||$100||$3.00||$103.00|
|Misc. Service on OCI including re-issue/ change in particulars||$25||$3.00||$28.00|
|Duplicate OCI booklet in case of mutilated/ damaged/ lost card||$100||$3.00||$103.00|
|Renunciation of OCI card||$25.00||$3.00||$28.00|
|Passport match-up with||0.00||0.00||$15.90 service charge|
Note: Apart from the above mentioned fees, the applicant will have to pay USD 15.90 for each service to VFS Global, depending on the country where you apply.
Important Points about OCI Card Charges
Applicant should keep the following points in mind about the fee for OCI card application:
- A combined payment can be made for all the services.
- Each applicant needs to pay USD 275 or equivalent in local currency. For example, the OCI card fee in UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, etc. has to be paid in British Pound, AUD, CAD, Euro, etc.
- If you cancel or withdraw the application during its process, OCI card fees and charges won’t be refunded.
- The fee for OCI card application is non-refundable once you have submitted the original passport.
- In case of nonpayment, the application will be rejected or delayed.
- If you are applying for OCI cards for the whole family, the OCI fee can be made in one payment.
- The payment should be made only for the part A of the first applicant and not to each separate application.
- If you are applying in the US
- Non-US passport holders and non-US citizens residing in the United States for less than 2 years have to pay an additional fee of $20 as reference fee.
- No personal checks will be accepted.
How to pay OCI Card Fee
- You can pay the fee by way of money order, cashier’s check, cash, banker’s check, etc. Cash is not accepted if applying by post.
- If an OCI application is submitted outside India, pay the fee by way of Demand Draft for $275 for each applicant or its equivalent local currency.
- If an OCI application is submitted in India, pay the fee by way of Demand Draft for Rs.15,000/ in favor of “Pay and Accounts Officer (Secretariat) Ministry of Home Affairs” payable at New Delhi.
Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) can ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs. You can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details.