Hong Kong is a major East Asian financial hub. It is also a popular tourist destination and has some of the top ranked universities in the world. Due to being a major trade and commerce center, many professionals are drawn here for career opportunities. Hong Kong is one of the leading economies in the world. We are going to explain the details of the Hong Kong work visa for Indians.
Eligibility for the Hong kong Work Visa
To apply for a work visa, applicants must have the following:
- A Job offer. The job must be related to the applicant’s work experience or their academic qualifications.
- Evidence in the form of documents that show the applicant has a clear criminal record.
- Sound education background. The applicant must demonstrate this through degrees in a related field, achievements, technical qualifications, work experience, etc.
- A salary that is inclusive of income, medical expenses, accommodation and other benefits provided to professionals in Hong Kong. The salary must be in the same range as the salaries paid to locals in Hong Kong.
In addition to this, the employer must prove the applicant had to be employed as the local people there did not have the necessary set of skills. The employer must also demonstrate that this employee will add value to the economy of the country.
Application Process for the Hong Kong Work Visa
In order to apply for a Hong Kong work visa/permit, the applicant must complete the application form and submit it with all the required documents mentioned below, to the Hong Kong Immigration Department.
If the employee is traveling with any relatives (wife or children) to Hong Kong, then they must get dependent visas for them.
If the applicant gets a new job and begins working for another company in Hong Kong, then their work visa/permit cannot be transferred to the new company. They must apply for a new work visa/permit. If a work visa/permit holder lives in Hong Kong for at least 7 years, then they can apply for permanent resident status.
When the visa has been approved, the applicant can pick it up from the local Hong Kong Consulate office.
Validity of Hong Kong Work Visa
The work visa/permit is valid for 1 year and can be renewed as long as the employee works for the company.
It takes the Immigration Department 4-8 weeks to process a work visa/permit.
The following documents are required from the applicant:
- Valid passport with at least 6 months validity.
- Employment visa application form (fully filled).
- Job offer letter.
- Recent passport sized photographs (2 to 3).
- Travel Insurance.
- Health Insurance.
- Education certificates (Mark sheet, degree, certificates, etc.).
- Note – Documents must be in English or Chinese. For any other language, applicants should carry translation certificates with them.
Employers have to provide the following documents:
- Application form for Employment of foreign professionals.
- Copy of employment contract. This contract must have all the details about the employee’s salary, position, benefits, work duration, etc.
- Financial information of the company.
- Documents of the company’s work background. This is not needed if the company is sponsoring the employee.
- Copy of company registration with the Government of Hong Kong.
To ask any question related to NRI investment in India, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, Pre-IPO, Asset Finance, Commercial Real Estate, Indian Startups Funds, NRI account opening, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details.
A salary that is inclusive of income, medical expenses, accommodation and other benefits provided to professionals in Hong Kong. The salary must be in the same range as the salaries paid to locals in Hong Kong.
Yes, the employer has to prove this.
It is valid for one year.