New Zealand is an extraordinarily beautiful Island country. It has scenic mountains and beaches. It is the perfect place for adventurous travel. New Zealand offers a high quality of life and education. New Zealand’s rules and regulations regarding their visas are not as strict as other developed countries. Today we talking about the New Zealand visa for Indians.
New Zealand grants visas for visit, study, work, permanent stay, joining family and starting a business or investing. In order to find out exactly which visa is required, the applicant can enter their details online or go through the embassy of the country.
The online option on the official website of the New Zealand immigration department, requires the applicant to satisfy basic eligibility information. The applicant can then apply online for the New Zealand visa application on there. The applicant should collect their documents including proof of financial stability and skills.
New Zealand Visa for Indians
New Zealand Visa Options for Individuals and Groups
- Allows a group or individual to visit New Zealand for a specified length of time
- Purpose of the stay can be sightseeing, visiting family and friends, or recreation
- The visa is valid for upto 9 months
- Work is not allowed on this visa
Sports/Artist Visa (Subcategory of Tourist Visa)
- Granted to people visiting New Zealand for sports or artistic events.
- Allows people to perform in New Zealand for a specified time period
- People are allowed to earn during this period
- Meant for people who want to study in New Zealand
- People can choose from short-term or long-term courses
- Admission into a university is required for the visa
- The visa might allow people to work depending on the case
- This visa is for people who want to work in New Zealand.
- The individual needs to be skilled and meet the qualifications required
- A job offer could be required before the visa is granted
- This visa is meant for people who want to invest in the country
- It allows entrepreneurs to set up a business in New Zealand
- This visa is for the children and/or partner of a New Zealand citizen.
Other visa categories which Indians can apply for in a New Zealand visa are:
- Skilled Migrant
- Investor Plus
- Entrepreneur Residence
- Parent Retirement
- Other Residence Visa
- Permanent Residence Visa
- Expression of Interest – Skilled Migrant
- Expression of Interest – Skilled Migrant (Online)
- Expression of Interest – Parent Category
- Expression of Investor – Investor
- Visitor Visa
- Visitor Visa (Online)
- Temporary Retirement Visitor Visa
- Group Tourist Visa
- Student Visa
- Student Visa (Online)
- Temporary Work Visa – Job Search
- Work Visa
- Work Visa (Online)
- Entrepreneur Work Visa
- Holiday Work Visa
- Other Work Visa
- Limited Visa
- Transit Visa
New Zealand Visa Process
The New Zealand Visa status can be checked on the New Zealand immigration website. The applicant will need to register using their basic information.
New Zealand Visa Requirements
Requirements for Visa Include:
- Character: The applicant must not have police cases against them. The applicant must not pose a threat to anyone in New Zealand.
- Duration: The applicant should be certain about how long they wish to stay in New Zealand. The applicant should be sure to honour the maximum time period of their visa.
- Tickets: The applicant must provide proof of their return journey. Their return tickets may be asked for proof.
- Funds: The applicant should have enough money to last their entire stay in New Zealand. The applicant will be required to show proof of their funds for their stay.
- Sponsor: In some cases, the applicant may be required to give information about their sponsor for the upcoming trip.
- Admission Letter: The student visa will require an admission letter as proof of admission into a recognized college / university.
- Fees: The applicant must pay the application fees in order to receive the visa.
- Documents: Applicants must have the required documents before applying for a visa. A valid passport, admission/work letter, tickets, etc. must be ready in order to complete the process.
We hope that this article has been helpful and informative about the New Zealand visa for Indians.
To ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details
The New Zealand tourist/ visitor visa is valid for 9 months.
This may be required in certain cases.
This may be required.