Foreign residents comprise about 80% of the UAE. They have been significant contributors to the economy over the decades. The UAE has approved new entry and residence schemes for foreigners. Here we explain the updated regulations for foreigners in the U.A.E. These changes aim to attract and retain more highly skilled professionals from around the globe.
UAE or the United Arab Emirates is a federation of seven emirates (states). These are Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah. The capital of the UAE is Abu Dhabi. Dubai is the largest city and a booming metropolis. The world’s tallest skyscraper, the Burj Khalifa, is also here. The languages spoken here are Arabic, Persian, English, Hindi, and Urdu.
Golden Residence U.A.E
- Made the eligibility criteria less complicated and added to the categories of those eligible
- A 10-year residence is granted to investors, entrepreneurs, exceptional talents, scientists and professionals, outstanding students and graduates, humanitarian pioneers, and the first-line heroes
- The changes permit Golden Residence holders to sponsor family members
- There are no regulations regarding the length of the stay out of the UAE when it comes to maintaining the validity of the Golden Residence.
- Real estate investors can get Golden Residence upon buying a property worth 2 million dirhams ($544,500) or above
Green Residence U.A.E
- Green Residence is a 5-year residency for freelancers and self-employed individuals that do not require a sponsor or employer in the UAE.
- Green Residence is for investors or partners is a 5-year residency for investors engaging in commercial activities. It is in place of last 2 year residence.
New Residence U.A.E
This is a 5-year residence visa meant for skilled professionals, freelancers, investors, and entrepreneurs.
New Entry Visa U.A.E
- These are new visas that do not require a host or sponsor for the first time. Additionally all entry visas are single or multiple entries. They can be renewed for about the same period. Their validity period is up to 60 days from the date of issue.
Job Exploration Entry Visa
- No sponsor or host is required for The Job Exploration Entry visa.
- Those that are the first, second or third skill level according to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation are given this visa.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is the minimum educational requirement.
Business Entry Visa
- A Business Entry visa provides entry but does not require a sponsor or host to invite investors and entrepreneurs to come and learn about business opportunities in the UAE.
U.A.E Tourist Visa
- The Tourist visa is a 5-year multi-entry visa and does not require a sponsor.
- One must show a bank balance of $4,000 or the equivalent
To ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details.
These are Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah.
Abu Dhabi is the capital.
Golden Residence refers to a 10 years residence for investors, entrepreneurs, exceptional talents, scientists and professionals, outstanding students and graduates, humanitarian pioneers, and the first-line heroes
Green Residence is a 5-year residency for freelancers and self-employed individuals that do not require a sponsor or employer in the UAE.