Egypt is a land of mystery and adventure. The country’s rich history, culture and traditions stand out. Indians visit Egypt for both tourism and business. Today we will be talking about the Egypt visa for Indians. We will be covering the details of the Egypt tourist and business visas.
Egypt Visa for Indians
Indian Citizens are not eligible for the e-visa for Egypt on the official website. They can apply for tourist and business visa offline through the embassy or consulate. The applicant need not interview unless they have no history of travel. The applicant does not necessarily have to be present in person to submit the application. A relative or agent with a valid authorization letter can also submit the application.
Types of Egyptian Visas
Tourist Visa for Egypt
- The tourist visa is issued by the Egyptian embassy or consulate.
- It is valid for 90 days, but a tourist is only allowed to stay for 30 days.
- Generally, there is no interview required for the Egyptian tourist visa. Only in the case where the applicant has no travel history would they be required to interview with the immigration officer.
- The applicant can submit the tourist visa to the embassy or consulate between 9:30 am to 11 am (depending on the state they live in).
- It is not necessary for the applicant to be present in person to submit the visa application. A relative or agent with a valid authorization letter can also submit the application.
Egypt Visa Requirements (Tourist)
- Two passport size photographs of the applicant
- The visa application form
- The applicant’s income tax return for the past 3 years (not mandatory)
- A valid cover letter or request letter to the consulate
- Air Tickets
- The applicant’s bank statement from the previous 6 months. The bank statement must be attested by a gazetted officer from the bank and the account should have a minimum of Rs.50000.
- Photocopy of the first and last page of the applicant’s passport as well as the original passport itself
Egypt Business Visa for Indians
Applicants traveling to Egypt for business must apply for a business visa.
The application form must be sent to the Egyptian embassy in Delhi or the consulate in Mumbai (depending on the state the applicant lives in)
Egypt Visa Requirements (Business)
- A valid passport that does not expire for at least 6 months from the date the visa holder intends to leave Egypt.
- Two copies of the visa application form
- Two passport size photos of the applicant with white and black background. The photo should not be older than 3 months.
- Booked air tickets
- A cover letter from the organization the visa holder will be representing in Egypt.
- An invitation letter from the business partners in Egypt. The letter should be faxed directly to the embassy or the consulate.
- A document that acts as proof for the applicant’s funds. It could either be the international credit card or foreign exchange endorsements.
- A document acting as proof of stay for the applicant in Egypt such as hotel bookings.
- The applicant’s income tax returns for the last 3 years.
Egypt Visa Fees for Indians
Tourist Visa (Single and Multiple Entry)
The visa fee for single entry into Egypt for a tourist visa costs about Rs.1900.
The visa fee for multiple entry for a tourist visa fee is Rs.2800.
Egypt Business Visa (Single Entry and Multiple Entry)
The visa fee for single entry into Egypt for a business visa costs Rs.2900
The business visa fee for multiple entry, the fee is Rs.4000.
Centers for application of Egyptian visa in India
Egyptian Embassy in New Delhi:
An Egyptian visa can be obtained from the embassy of Arab Republic of Egypt in New Delhi. The address is 1/50 Niti Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Pin – 110021. The contact number is 022-26114006/4097. The embassy is open from Monday to Friday, 09:00 am to 04:00 pm. The visa application timings are from 09:30 am to 11:30 am and the visa collection timings are from 09:30 am to 03:00 pm.
Consulate General of Arab Republic of Egypt:
The address is 101 Benhur Apartments, 32 Narayan Dabholkar Road, Mumbai, Pin – 400006. The contact number for the consulate is 022-23676422/6386. The office is open from 09:30 am to 05:00 pm. For Delhi, J & K, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Punjab, M.P., Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Kolkata and the North-eastern states, the visa collection time is from 09:30 am to 03:00 pm from Monday to Friday and the visa submission time is 09:30 am to 03:00 pm. For Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and the union territories of Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep, and Pondicherry, the visa application timings are 09:30 am to 01:00 pm and the visa collection timings are 02:00 pm to 02:30 pm.
We hope that this article has been helpful and informative about the Egypt Visa for Indians.
To ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details
No Indians are not eligible for the Egypt e – visa. They have to apply offline through the embassy or consulate.
Yes. Both single and multiple entry are allowed on both tourist and business visas.