The year 2020 has been and will be one of the most memorable years in future. This year everything witnessed change. At SBNRI, we experienced that there has been a constant search and want by the NRIs to invest in some specific asset classes that have been constant throughout the year. In this article we will explore the best investment options in India in 2020 one by one and help you with the detailed processes that can be carried out at the comfort of your homes abroad.
Best Investment Options in India in 2020: Top 5 Picks
Let’s quickly list out the top 5 investment options in India keeping in mind the best way to invest in India that offers hasslefree procedures. NRI Investment options are unlimited if unleashed to its maximum potential. Most of the NRIs investing in India are unaware of the tax-free benefits that they can capitalize upon. Having said that, here’s the list:
- NRI Fixed Deposits: The most secure investment option in India that promises high returns are NRI Fixed Deposits. We can break NRI Deposits into NRE FD, NRO FD and FCNR Deposits. Both NRE and FCNR deposits can get you tax free interest up to 7.50%* (for NRE FD) and 3.22%* (for FCNR Deposits).
Point to Note: NRE FD is maintained in INR whereas FCNR Deposits are maintained in foreign currency. NRO FD isn’t tax free as it is used to maintain the income generated in India.
You can learn more about NRI Fixed Deposits here: NRI Fixed Deposit: The Basic 2020 Guide
Also Check out: Latest NRE FD and NRI Savings Account Interest Rates
- NRI Mutual Funds: NRIs have been keen to learn about the SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) route for investment in Mutual Funds in India. Investment in mutual funds provides flexibility to diversify your portfolio into equity and debt instruments. The SIP route provides convenience, rupee cost averaging and other such benefits that make the investments lucrative.
Also Check out: SIP for NRIs: How can NRI invest through SIP in a Mutual Fund?
Click on the button below to get in touch with our investment expert for end to end assistance with Mutual Fund Investments in India.
- Equities: NRIs have had a special sense about the markets being downtrodden by COVID-19 and are keen on investing in the Indian equity market to benefit from the expected rebound. Major companies are also utilizing the spot by releasing their IPOs in the Indian markets (eg. Burger King). The understanding of the PIS route has been one of the major concerns for NRIs this year.
Click on the button below to get in touch with our investment expert for end to end assistance with Equity Investments in India.
- Real Estate: With the major influx of NRIs coming back to India there has been a surge in the Real Estate industry this year. Many NRIs are keen on spending their retirement in India and for that they have been looking for retirement havens in India and investing rigorously in real estate.
Annual Highlights: Invest in Indian Real Estate: Top 5 Locations for NRIs in 2020
Click on the button below to get in touch with our Real Estate expert for end to end assistance with Real Estate Investments in India.
- GOI Securities: Interestingly, many NRIs have been looking to invest in Government of India Securities and Bonds this year. The queries that we received were focused around understanding the process of investment in such securities and exploring the benefits of such investments.
Click on the button below to get in touch with our Investment expert for end to end assistance with GOI Securities Investments in India.
Which is the best investment plan in India for middle class?
NRE Fixed Deposits offer flexibility in tenures ranging from 1 year to 10 years and can be considered as one of the most secure and benefitting investment options in India for a middle class NRI.
If you need to get your financial profiling done and be suggested with the best investment options in India as per your income and risk appetite, then you can get in touch with our expert by clicking the button at the end of the article.
Safe investments with high returns in India
The best way to invest in India involves understanding the fundamentals of safe investments and generating higher returns that are risk free. Some have a higher risk appetite while some don’t. The best investment options are more often the safest.
Safe investments with high returns in India can include many asset classes such as Fixed Deposits, Debt Investments, Investments in GOI Securities and Bonds, Real Estate and much more. For more details you can always browse through our blog.
To get in touch with our expert to learn more about investing safely and generating higher returns, click on the button at the end of the article.
List of all investment options in India
If we get to sorting a list of all the investment options in India, there will be too much to contemplate. What appears as a better way is to go ahead with an individual financial profiling followed by risk appetite analysis to get a deeper understanding of where you can invest to generate higher returns.
If you do need a list and go ahead with your profiling, just click on the button at the end of the article and let us know.
Where to invest money for good returns in India
Another important question that many NRIs put up against us is where can they invest money to generate good returns in India? To be honest, it’s fairly simple. To each their own. Investment as a concept is based upon individual capacities and requirements.
To get the knowledge of where you should invest based upon your individual requirements, click on the button at the end of the article to get in touch with our expert.
Best investment options for salaried person
Salaried persons have two major objectives: Dynamic investments for better returns and traditional investments for a retirement corpus. Planning your investments is very essential if you have one source of income i.e. your salary. Financial Planning also involves creating an emergency fund and investing in insurance.
Our experts at SBNRI can help you create the best investment plan based on your salary and long/short term expectations. Just click on the button at the end of the article to get in touch with an expert.
Best Investment Options in India 2020
In this article, we explored the top 5 investment options that were hot in 2020. These investment options will continue to attract a lot of NRIs in 2021 as well. The basic concept that we need to understand here is that Investments in India as an NRI should be focused upon individual needs and requirements.
After returning to India, NRE FDs can be maintained till maturity and after that they can be converted to RFC Accounts.
No. NRIs can’t have savings accounts in India. After status change they need to convert their resident savings account to an NRO Account.
Yes. NRIs can invest in India through Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)
NRE FD for NRIs is already tax free in India. Investment in PPF, another tax-saver deposit, is restricted for NRIs.
Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are eligible to invest in the NPS scheme just like resident Indians. The additional tax benefit on NPS is also available to NRIs. To invest in the NPS, the NRI will have to go through the basic KYC process and should be between 18 and 60 years of age to be eligible.