Bharat Suvarna asked on 05/03/2021

I have applied to NSDL for e-pan with foreign citizenship status and now I have two PAN numbers. The old PAN is used in my bank and they wouldn’t change till the old PAN number is surrendered. I even submitted a correction application with NSDL and has mentioned active old pan number in section 11 of the form, but they still haven’t deactivated the old pan. What can I do now? I can’t be in India.

answered on 05/03/2021

You need to trace your PAN Correction Application to know the developments in your application. If any issues/concerns/errors were raised by the department then that has to be resolved to process your application further and then your old PAN will be deactivated.


The process to trace your PAN Correction Application is as follows:


1. Go to

2. Select Application Type – “PAN – New/Change Request”

3. Enter the 15 Digit Acknowledgement Number mentioned on the top of your PAN Correction Application

4. Enter Captcha Code and then submit


After this you will get a screen with the status of your application and if any concerns are raised then that has to be resolved to process the application further.


For further assistance click on the button below to connect with our expert directly on WhatsApp.


Ask SBNRI Expert Now

Copy link