In this series the areas we have covered in the U.S have been New York, New Jersey, and several areas in Texas. Now, San Francisco brings us to the west coast of the United States. The south San Francisco bay area is home to Silicon Valley, a global center of technological innovation. Many of the world’s largest high tech companies and a plethora of startups exist in this area. There is also a very high number of Indians in this area. We at SBNRI have compiled a list of the 25 best Indian stores in San Francisco, California.
All of the areas we have covered in the U.S have a large number of Indians in them. All of these areas have a network of stores that cater to the Indian population and offer a tremendous amount of variety and options. From the east coast all the way to the west coast these pockets and hubs exist and have a distinct character to them.
NRIs planning to move to or within the U.S should keep an eye out for these hubs with many Indians. New York, New Jersey, California and Texas are the top hubs in this regard. It actually does make life much simpler to have such a vast network of fellow Indians around along with all kinds of Indian stores.
25 Best Indian Stores in San Francisco
Indian Jewelry Stores in San Francisco
1. Milan Jewelers, 6741 Stockton Blvd, Suite 4 Sacramento, CA 95823
Milan Jewelers offers 22K gold services and repair services. It has both traditional and modern jewellery and a mixture of both.
2. Bagga Jewelers, 6930 65th St #115, Sacramento, CA
Bagga Jewelers offers 22K gold jewelry. Its designs are very beautiful and ornate.
3. Noor Jewelers, 6968 65th St, Sacramento, CA
Noor Jewelers has traditional looking jewelry as well as more modern and trendy lightweight pieces.
4. Sri Vasavi Thangamaaligai, Sacramento, CA, 95818
Sri Vasavi Thangamaaligai is a South Indian jewellery house. It has an assortment of traditional designs.
5. Bjewels, 7660 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, CA, 95823
Bjewels offers Indian earrings, chains, anklets, bangles, hair accessories, bracelets, necklaces and more.
Indian Clothing Stores in New Jersey
6. The Love of Ganesha, 1573 Haight St, San Francisco
The Love of Ganesha offers Indian clothing, handicrafts, stone amongst many other items.
7. Sf Saree Clothing, San Francisco
Sf Saree Clothing offers sarees, kurtis and Indian outfits. Its prices are competitive because its clothes are produced in India.
8. Kiran’s Collection, San Francisco
Kiran’s Collection offers traditional Indian women’s clothing, children’s clothing and jewelry amidst many other items.
9. Vastra by Namrita Chettiar, San Francisco
Vastra offers designer salwar kameezes, sarees, skirts, lehengas, churidars, jewelry, bindis and bangles.
10. Punjabi Fancy Ladies Suits, San Francisco
Punjabi Fancy Ladies Suits provides customization services and high quality Indian clothing.
11. Himalayan Handicrafts, 530 Castro St, San Francisco
Himalayan handicrafts is a small chain of Himalayan apparel, crafts, clothing, art, scarves and much more.
12. Xela Imports, 3925 24th St, San Francisco
Xela Imports has Indian handicrafts and Indian clothing.
13. Akarshan Designs Boutique, 489 San Mateo Ave, San Bruno
Akarshan design is a boutique for upscale Indian women’s clothing. It offers sarees, suits and lehengas amongst other items.
14. Megha & Jigar, 37000 Meadowbrook Cmn
Megha & Jigar has great lehengas, suits and sarees for special occasions.
15. Sari Palace, Berkeley
Sari Palace was established in 1987 and offers bridal collections and customizations.
Indian Grocery Stores in San Francisco
16. Jai Ho Indian Grocery Store, 1462 Fillmore St, San Francisco, CA 94115
17. Indian Spices & Groceries, 3265 22nd St, San Francisco, CA 94110
18. Salama Bazaar Indian Groceries, 603 Geary St, San Francisco, CA 94102
19. Indian Market & Liquor, 1546 Guerrero St, San Francisco, CA 94110
20. New India Bazar, 1107 Polk St, San Francisco, CA 94109
21. A&D Nepali Indian Grocery, 872 Sacramento St, San Francisco, CA 94108
22. India food market, 659 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, CA 94080
23. New India Supermarket, 10289 San Pablo Ave, El Cerrito, CA 94530
24. Neelam Pacific Market, 492 San Mateo Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066
25. Chaat Corner, 320 3rd St, San Francisco, CA 94107
We hope that you have enjoyed the various lists of Indian stores we have compiled for New York, New Jersey, various parts of Texas and San Francisco, California. In these areas the number of options for items such as grocery, clothing and jewellery have become almost comparable to certain Indian cities.
In these places, things are not like the past when returning to India in order to get certain items was necessary. There seem to be more than enough options for all the basic requirements. It is a major convenience to have these resources available. It makes it easier to feel at home away from home.
The network of other Indians, NRIs and Indian Americans is also of immense help. Anyone who has been in a new country without access to any people or stores from back home, will tell you how difficult it can be. New York, New Jersey, California and Texas offer an immense advantage to newcomers as well as Indians at other stages of moving within the U.S.
We hope that you find this list of the 25 best Indian stores in San Francisco, California useful.
To ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details.
New York, New Jersey, California and Texas are top areas with large numbers of Indians.
Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman’s Wharf and San Francisco Trolleys are some of the attractions in San Francisco.