What is the process of online mutual fund KYC for NRIs?
Online Mutual Fund KYC for NRI is a seamless online process through which NRIs can easily complete their KYC requirements for Mutual Funds by submitting the documents online and verifying them through In Person Verification (IPV).
There are various documents that are required in order to register successfully:
- Completely filled and signed KYC Form
- Identity Proof: Passport and PAN Card (Self-Attested)
- Address Proof: Mandatory for NRIs. (Includes both correspondence and overseas address)
- In Person Verification Process: The verification is done for NRIs by a certified entity for the acknowledgement of the fact that the investor has in his/her possession, all the original documents that he/she has mentioned in the KYC Form. It can be done by the following process:
- The IPV can be done seamlessly on a video call (Skype, Appear.in etc.). Earlier, NRIs were required to visit the offices or someone visited the investor to verify the papers at their home or workplace
- You can set a time for the video call with the agencies and carry on with the IPV. Only the following entities have the authorization to carry out IPV:
- Major agencies have their mobile apps now for instant authentication through biometrics or OTP
- The video call might include questions about the details you have filled in the form and the application can be cancelled if any contradictions occur
For more queries like “Online Mutual Fund KYC for NRI”, click here.
To get expert advisory on online KYC of Mutual Funds at SBNRI, contact us using the button below.