I am an NRI and want to invest in mutual funds, need to do KYC. I have an NRE account in ICICI Bank. What’s the procedure to do KYC and invest in mutual funds?
Online Mutual Fund KYC for NRI is a seamless online process through which NRIs can easily complete their KYC requirements for Mutual Funds by submitting the documents online and verifying them through In-Person Verification (IPV).
There are various documents that are required in order to register successfully:
- Completely filled and signed KYC Form (you can download the form from any KRA website like https://www.cvlkra.com/ or Mutual Fund Registrars like CAMS: https://camskra.com/)
- Identity Proof: Passport and PAN Card (Self-Attested) -Address Proof: Mandatory for NRIs. (Includes both correspondence and overseas address)
- In-Person Verification Process: The verification is done for NRIs by a certified entity for the acknowledgement of the fact that the investor has in his/her possession, all the original documents that he/she has mentioned in the KYC Form. It can be done by the following process:
- The IPV can be done seamlessly on a video call (Skype, Appear.in etc.). Earlier, NRIs were required to visit the offices or someone visited the investor to verify the papers at their home or workplace You can set a time for the video call with the agencies and carry on with the IPV.
Only the following entities have the authorization to carry out IPV:
- KYC registration agency (KRA)
- The AMC (Asset Management Companies in India) Mutual fund agent
- Mutual fund distributor or advisor
- MF’s registrar transfer agent like CAMS or Karvy
Major agencies have their mobile apps now for instant authentication through biometrics or OTP
Click on the button below to get in touch with our Investment expert for customized solutions to your specific problems.