Bank of Baroda, one of the leading Indian banks, has set up India Desk at its Dubai main branch to cater to the specific needs of NRI customers and provide the best banking services. NRIs living in the UAE can avail full-fledged banking facilities at any of the Bank of Baroda UAE branches across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah and Al Ain. For example, you can apply for Bank of Baroda NRI account opening in UAE to complete banking transactions in India, such as remittance, NRI FD account opening, home loan application, etc.
SBNRI is a business partner of leading banks in India. NRIs can apply for an NRE/ NRO account by clicking the button below.
Bank of Baroda NRI Account Opening in UAE
NRIs living in the UAE can open a Bank of Baroda NRI account online as well as offline at any of the Bank of Baroda UAE branches. Here are the ways to apply for a Bank of Baroda NRI account from the UAE.
Bank of Baroda NRI account opening online in UAE
The following are two ways to apply for Bank of Baroda NRI account opening online:
NRI account opening in UAE through Bank of Baroda website
- Fill up the Bank of Baroda NRI account opening form on the bank’s website.
- Select the savings account type i.e. NRE (Non-Resident External) or NRO (Non-Resident Ordinary)
- Fill in the relevant address and other details as under:
- Local residential address in Dubai
- Valid email address and Dubai mobile number with full country code
- Communication address
- Permanent address (Indian address as per passport or other)
- Indian mobile number
- Tick the mode of operation
- Tick of ATM card or internet banking
- Mention email ID and preferred user ID clearly for net banking
- Signature on the account opening form by all the applicants
- In case of a single applicant, the nomination is compulsory
- Submit the duly filled account opening form with supporting documents as mentioned below at one of the Bank of Baroda UAE branches.
- Get your signatures on the NRI account opening application form and documents verified by Bank of Baroda UAE branch or Indian High Commission/ Embassy/ Consulate or Notary Public.
- You can open a BOB NRI account jointly with another NRI/ PIO. The account can also be opened with a resident Indian with operational instructions ‘Former or Survivor’.
Online NRI account opening through SBNRI app
Indian citizens living in the UAE can apply for an NRI account online on SBNRI app in a matter of minutes. Listed below are the steps to apply for an NRI account via the SBNRI app:
- Download the SBNRI app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Sign in using your credentials.
- Click the ‘Open NRI account’ button and select the bank with which you wish to open an NRI bank account from the bank list.
- Scan and upload KYC documents using the in-app scanning feature.
- Click on ‘Apply’ and you are done.
Open NRI account at Bank of Baroda UAE branches
You can also contact one of Bank of Baroda UAE branches to open a BOB NRI account. Listed below are the contact details of the Bank of Baroda branches in UAE, including Bank of Baroda in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, etc.
|Branch Name||Phone Number|
|Bank Baroda Dubai||+971 43136680||[email protected]|
|Bank of Baroda Abu Dhabi||+971 26322000 /206||[email protected]|
|Bank of Baroda Sharjah||+971 65037919||[email protected]|
|Bank of Baroda Deira||+971 42600900 /202||[email protected]|
|Bank of Baroda Ras Al Khaimah||+971 72269377||[email protected]|
|Al Ain||+971 37519880||[email protected]|
Here is the checklist of documents required to apply for a Bank of Baroda NRI account opening in UAE. All documents should be self-attested:
- 2 Passport size photographs signed by the customers
- Photocopy of passport including visa page and relevant address pages
- One address proof of the UAE: DEWA Bill/ Telephone Bill/ E-vision bill/ Tenancy Contract
- A letter from the employer on company’s letterhead stating that the customer is residing at the mentioned address may also be used if you don’t have above mentioned proof
- Copy of labour card
- Copy of PAN card
Bank of Baroda NRI Account Minimum Balance
Bank of Baroda minimum balance for NRO and NRE savings bank account is equivalent to Rs. 1000. For BOB NRI account opening, NRIs in the UAE can deposit the initial foreign inward remittance by any of the following methods:
- Mail transfer/ demand draft in UAE’s currency/ INR
- Personal cheque/ cashier’s cheque in INR/ foreign currency
- SWIFT/ wire/ telegraphic transfer
- Foreign currency/ traveller cheques
Types of Bank of Baroda NRI Savings Account
Bank of Baroda offers two types of NRI savings account:
Bank of Baroda NRE Savings Account
NRIs can open a Bank of Baroda savings account in the UAE to save their foreign currency earnings in a rupee-denominated account. Funds in an NRE account are fully repatriable (Principal and interest) and tax-free in India. BOB NRE accounts offer easy liquidity and convertibility. Bank of Baroda NRE account interest rate is 2.75% p.a.
Bank of Baroda NRO Account
BOB NRO savings account allows NRIs to save their foreign as well as Indian income, such as Indian salary, dividends and rent. In case of an NRO account, the principal component is not fully repatriable and interest earned can be repatriated after payment of applicable taxes. NRIs can mandate a resident Indian family member to operate the account in their absence. Bank of Baroda NRO interest rate is 2.75% p.a.
Due to lots of information and documentation required to apply for NRI accounts, NRI account opening process is lengthy and cumbersome elsewhere. You can download SBNRI App to apply for online NRI account opening with nominal documentation in just 10 minutes.
You can also click on the button below to apply for an NRI account. Visit our blog and YouTube Channel for more details.
NRIs/PIOs need to fill the account opening form (AOF) available on the bank’s website www.bankofbaroda.com or contact its overseas/domestic branch or NRI Services department.
Minimum quarterly average balance (QAB) is as under:
– Rural: Rs 500
– Semi-Urban: Rs 1000
– Urban / Metro: Rs 2000/-