When you submit a visa application form at the Australian visa application center, you will receive an acknowledgment with a tracking number. You can use the reference number (VLN Number) on the receipt provided by the visa application center and your date of birth to track the Australian visa application status online.
Also Read: Check visa status with passport number
Australian visa application status check
Here are the steps to check Australian visa application status online:
- As mentioned above, you should have the Reference Number (VLN Number), which you received when applying for an Australian visa, at the visa application center, to check the visa status.
- Enter the Reference Number (VLN) and your date of birth to track Australian visa status online.
- Verify the reCAPTCHA and click on the ‘submit button’ to view the status of your Australian visa.
- With this, you may be able to view only the current location of processing of your Australia visa application and not the exact stage of the application process.
You can track your application for an Australian visa online with the above steps only if you have applied for a visa at the Australian visa application center and got acknowledgment with a tracking number.
If you filed an application for an Australian visa online using the ImmiAccount, you can track your visa application through the ImmiAccount only.
Australian visa application processing times
Here are the key points about Australian visa application processing times:
- The visa application processing times are updated monthly.
- For most visa categories, the processing times are available, excluding visas subject to capping and queueing, or those which have a low volume of applications.
- The processing times depend on the period of visa applications finalised recently.
- Many applications which had been finalized were on-hand for some months while borders were closed.
- Once borders reopen, more applicants will be able to enter Australia, while many of the applications are being finalized.
- During the Covid-19 travel restrictions, applications of individuals eligible for a travel exemption were prioritized, such as students, humanitarian workers.
- The Government of Australia publishes processing times in calendar days for 25, 50, 75, and 90 percent of applications finalised in the period.
Processing times include applications filed online as well as by paper. You should make your best efforts to file your visa application online. It helps streamline processing arrangements.
Covid-19 processing consideration
The Australian Government is doing its level best to process the applications of travelers who are exempt from travel restrictions, such as individuals working in sectors critical to Australia’s economic recovery due to unavailability of Australian workers, students, humanitarian workers, people employed in occupation on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL), etc.
You can visit the Home Affairs’ COVID website for more information on travel restrictions and visa information.
NRIs living in Australia may have several India related queries. To ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details.
The processing time for visa processing varies depending on the type of visa you have applied for and other conditions. Click here to check the processing service standards for different types of visa applications.
Once your visa application has been assessed, you will receive an email about the decision.
If you have an urgent need to travel to Australia, you can inform the staff at the Australian visa center at the time of application. Only cases with compelling circumstances will be given priority processing. Otherwise, you should file an application before the intended travel dates.
Once a decision has been made on your application, an email will be sent to you stating the outcome. If the visa has not been approved, you can print the message for your records. Now you don’t need an Australian visa label in your passport. Your details including passport and bio details will be stored electronically.