The GRE or Graduate Record Examinations apart from the full form of GRE there is a lot more to it, these exams are taken worldwide for the pursuit of graduate studies in the United States. The GRE subject tests are held a maximum of three times a year. This happens in September, October, and April through paper-delivered centers the world over. You are allowed to take one subject test on a test date. Please read on for the GRE subject test registration process.
Please make sure to check all the following for the registration process:
- Make sure to review the fees of the tests you are planning to take.
- Acquaint yourself with the procedure to reschedule and cancel tests.
- Familiarize yourself with the ID requirements.You must bring a valid ID that can be accepted when you arrive at the test center. The first and last name must exactly match the one you use when you create your account and register for the test.
- Take a look at the test dates so you can plan when you want to take the test. Make sure to check the admissions deadlines of the schools you are applying to. You want your scores to be reported in time.
- Open an ETS account to stay updated on test center information. This will tell you which test centers are open on which dates.
- The online registration system also gives the most updated information about test centers. This includes information on which dates test centers are open.
- Decide the graduate institutions or fellowship sponsors which will receive your test scores. The test fee allows scores to be sent to four graduate institutions or fellowship sponsors. You have to choose the recipients of your scores when you register for a subject test.
- Choose the Score Select option you will select when you register for a subject test.
- If you would rather have your score reports sent at a later time or have them sent to more than four recipients, you may do so for a fee.
- Look up the FREE GRE Search Service.When you register for the subject test, you can sign up for the search service.
How to Register
- You will have to open an ETS account in order to register online.
- Credit/debit cards of American Express, Diners Club International, Discover, JCB, Mastercard, RuPay Global, Union Pay or Visa are all accepted. E-check payments that are drawn against U.S. bank accounts, PayPal information and voucher numbers are accepted as well.
- If you are taking the test in Nigeria, Visa, Paypal Information and voucher numbers only, will be accepted.
- Once you enter your credit card account number and select ”Process Payment,” you might be asked to pay in the currency that is supported by your card issuer or in USD.
- ETS payments are processed with utmost security. You may have to give extra information when you pay online. American Express SafeKey, Discover ProtectBuy, MasterCard SecureCode and Visa Secure/Verified by Visa are 3D Secure (3DS) online fraud prevention measures that are utilized by card companies to add another layer of security to heighten security and prevent access to cardholder details. While making the payment online, the bank that issued your card, might ask you to enter an authentication code that is know only to you and your bank. If you cannot enter this number the payment will not go through. If you cannot provide your 3D-Secure passcode or password, and you are unable to enroll online in the bank’s pop up screen, you must contact your bank.
- If you don’t know your 3D-Secure passcode or password, and you are not being given the option to enroll online in the bank’s pop-up screen, then you will need to contact your bank.
- Online registration is unavailable for test takes that have disabilities or health requirements. Disability Accommodations can be contacted for this.
Money orders, certified checks or voucher numbers are all accepted.
Please out the registration form for the GRE Subject Tests (PDF format) and mail it along with the payment to the address that is printed on the form. ETS must receive the form by the registration deadline. Please wait four weeks for processing. Faxing is not an option for registration forms.
Please remember that If you are taking the test in Nigeria, only Visa and voucher numbers will be accepted.
ETS has the right to add or delete payment options as they see fit and without notice.
Once the Registration has been Processed
An ETS confirmation email confirming your test choice, test date, test center and the recipients of your scores will be sent to you. In order to make any corrections to personal information, or to modify the recipient of scores, please contact GRE by the Friday prior to the date you have registered for the test.
To ask any questions related to the rights of NRIs, PIOs, and OCIs, you can download SBNRI App from the Google Play Store or App Store. You can also use the SBNRI app for investment in stock market/ mutual funds, NRI account opening, tax filing, etc. To ask any questions, click on the button below. Also, visit our blog and YouTube channel for more details.
The GRE subject tests are held a maximum of three times a year. This happens in September, October, and April through paper-delivered centers world over.
Four recipients can receive your test score through your test fee.
Graduate Record Examinations.
Educational Testing Service.